During this project I was handed a 30 minute long video of an interview of James Clark. I was asked to cut the video down to 2-3 minutes and to pick 3 questions that I thought were important, So I chose the questions “What is the source of your inspiration?” “What Is story telling” “What is your wildest aspirations” I chose these questions because I thought he had a great response and I wanted them to be heard.
Shortcuts I used
- Control k to cut
- Control Q (cut to the left) Control w (cuts to the right)
- Add cross fade
- Add cross dissolve
- All tracks forward
- Source patching
- Morph cut
- Render shortcut
Collecting Files and StoryBoard
- Start with B roll (10 seconds)
- Question: Source of inspiration
- Cut to Interview (10 seconds)
- Cut to 7/11 commercial (10 Seconds)
- Cut to interview (15 – 20Seconds)
- Question: What is story telling?
- Cut to rail road b roll (5 seconds)
- Interview ( 5 Seconds)
- Cut to b roll ( 15 seconds)
- Interview (20 seconds)
- B roll shot (15 seconds)
- Question: Wildest aspiration
- End with interview shot.
Project Skills Evidence
This is a picture of my workspace, as proof of my project.
What I learned
During the process of this project I learned how to smoothly cut out all of the “ums’ and “ahs”. I learned how to properly “morph” two videos together to make it look like one smooth video. I also had a chance to mess around with the audio levels and adjust them to the way i would like them to sound.
^^^ Interview video ^^^